Monday, July 7, 2008

Setbacks

I can't believe I gained 4 pounds on a Missions trip! I worked hard every day, climbed an enormous mountain... to me, anyway. I must have burned a billion calories and replaced it with missionary food. Not exactly fried chicken and gravy. Yet somehow, I gained 4 pounds. Throw in 2 visits to Alabama, one to see my Grandma before she died and the other for her funeral, and I'm so off track I can't even see where I began. Let's just say that when someone dies in the South, good cooks come out of the woodwork. Here there was fried chicken, sweet tea, bbq and sweet potato pie. And no will power, which I will chalk up to grief.

Bottom line, I'm sitting at 190 and only 10 days til my Florida vacation. The part I'm least looking forward to is seeing my former step-mom who made weight an issue the whole time we were growing up. If you know her, and knew me then, you'll realize the irony in that. But it doesn't make it any less stressful.

Ok, back to 1 cup of coffee a day then nothing but water. Fruit for breakfast. Back to the Wii.

No comments: